Monday, March 06, 2006

sun rays warm my face


I hope the sun shines on me and my life.



Life has been pretty complicated latley. There is always too many things that have to be done and not enough time in the day. My life has left me with little time to do anything relaxing. Hopefully things will not get much worse before it gets better. I haven't had much time latley to write or take pictures which bluntly makes me pretty freaking sad. So today I am going to try to find the time to.


The picture above was taken about three weeks ago at a small park in Stony Brook, Long Island. It is amazing how much feeling I got from this tree. It was big and beautiful. There were love carvings all the way up to the tippy top of the tree. Ya know, the carving of initals in hearts. I can imagine the tree being so old and the couples sitting there under the tree... then leaving there mark in the tree. I wonder how many of those couples where high school loves and wonder how many of those loves are still together and burning strong. I was there while the sun was low and bright causing everthing to glisten and shimmer. I sat under the tree looking for a spot that was empty, so that I could too put my initials on the tree. There was not one free space and I did not have anything sharp. Next time I am going to bring something sharp and find a free space, even if I have to climb to the highest branch. I can't wait until spring to see this tree in full bloom. It's silly how a tree can make me feel so many things. I have to say, I love this photograph.

1 comment:

tara dawn said...

I love this photo as well. And I don't think it is silly at all that a tree can evoke such inspiration...it is often random pieces of nature that spark my own creativity and motivation.
Be sure to take pics of the tree in the spring too...I am looking forward to seeing the changing beauty of this magnificent piece of nature.
xoxo